Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Still waiting..

Well, my due date came and went without any excitement, but given that Bethany was 8 days overdue I wasn't overly surprised. It is, of course, allowing me to get a few more scrappy projects done while I sit and wait patiently.

Here's a LO I did for the monthly sketch challenge at Wicked Princesses.



I got my inspiration (and even step by step instructions!) from a tutorial by CD Muckosky on the American Creating Keepsakes blog called "One Hour Layouts". Now trust me when I say that this took me quite a while longer than just one hour! But I guess that's why CD Muckosky won 'Scrapbooker of the Year' in 2006 and I just do what I do! But I was happy with the end result.

I also finished the "All About Me" challenge at Scrapbook Savvy, which must be the first time I've really scrapped just about me.



I had this idea that I wanted to make the LO very plain and practical (just as I see myself) and entirely out of recycled materials and left-overs. So I used a brown paper bag that once packaged some scrapbook supplies from my LSS as the background and the spots under the numbers, and literally just used scraps for the rest of it. I think the only brand name on this layout would be the AC Thickers I used as the title / numbers, and the Carolee Creations Alphas. Even the rhinestones on the butterfly aren't from my large hoard of Kaisercraft bling!

Otherwise, I'm trying to get a little ahead on Christmas projects. I'm wanting to make some table decorations, and ornaments, and cards, and ...... I know I'll be lucky if any of this gets done!

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails