Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Story of the Other Reindeer

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Christmas, enjoying time with friends and family. I certainly am (I'm scheduling this post in advance)! But I feel I need to post all my Christmas layouts and projects before the event is over and done with for another year. 


So let me share the page I made as my latest effort as a Special Deputy over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. It's drawn from this fabulous Case File #103


Traditional Christmas colours but with the extra splash of grey and brown. Awesome right? I let all that kraft colour take the form of woodgrain which I think gave it a lovely rustic look.


For my evidence I also used stars, circles, metal and rubons. Love how these challenges always make me use long-forgotten supplies and mix and match different collections. And of course I couldn't resist adding a reindeer in there as well - this one is a chipboard shape from SODAlicious and it got a liberal covering of glitter which only seemed fair.


For my evidence I chose to use one of the journaling prompts from here. I used #11 which was "write about the other reindeer apart from Rudolph". It made me remember last year's church Christmas play where Munchy had the role of one of the reindeer. I can't quite recall the context or whether she had any lines but I do know that she takes to the stage with only eagerness and anticipation rather than any fear or anxiety.


Pretty sure she gets that from her father!

Photobucket

3 comments

  1. ...& just as well you scrapped this one now...amazing how our memories slip....I wonder if SHE remembers having to do a line or how she had to stand????? OR sit....or munch on grass???? Yeah, I know.....pun....groan.....and the food consumed yesterday....double groan...hope your girls are enjoying all those lovely pressies & their grandies attention etc:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! This is absolutely amazing, I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, huge well deserved congrats on becoming a Master xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails