Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Sizzix Spring Creating

Popping in to share some of the projects I've been making at Sizzix over the last month or so, and show off some of the new products they've got coming out this season.


For a start, did you know that Sizzix have their own paper collections? They have some fun and funky ones from past releases and this new collection is called 'My Life Handmade' and comes in A4 and 6x8" paper pads. There's also a fabric in the same house pattern too which is super cute.


I played with the paper and basic dies that have put together as part of the new Starter Kit that comes with the Big Shot Plus to create these set of tags. Now they're not just any tags, but I've turned them into something that you probably aren't expecting. Check out my full post right HERE.


They've also just released a whole set of new dies as part of their 'Chapter 3' release and it features some really great dies for Spring projects.


For this seasonal project I've used the Drifting Daisies and Garden Greens dies, along with an older Sizzix Free Bird die designed by Prima. You can catch my whole tutorial for this project right HERE.



Oh and yes, I have TOTALLY fallen in love with the Garden Greens die from Tim Holtz. It's actually a set of 9 different dies which makes it super versatile for so many projects and I knew it had to be top of my wish list.


I did nothing but cut and cut and layer and layer these leaves for a 3D framed artwork that's currently got pride of place on my mantel. You can see the whole post HERE!


And last but not least (for now!) I whipped up a project where I embellished a plain calico bag with these beautiful felt blooms to really jazz it up. The end result looks really pretty, but you know the problem with making attractive things when you've got kids around? They can't keep their hands off it!


Here's a look into the real-life situation that I face every time I try to get 'work' done whilst Judah's awake - complete with drool dripping down to soggy-up my bag!! LOL!

But if you want to see the proper photos then you can check it out in the post HERE.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails