Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Tag You're It!

It's been ever such a long time since I participated in a challenge (at least, not one that I wasn't on the Design Team for, or affiliated with in some way) so it was so refreshing to be able to carve out a bit of time this weekend to play along with the Tag You're It! Challenge.

Here's what I made:


The idea of the challenge is pretty easy. Simply take some inspiration from the example tag that is posted and make your own version of it. My inspiration came from the general way the tag was assembled... some stenciling in the background, a cluster of background leaves and flourishes, and a brightly coloured focal point to catch your attention. 


I make my own tag cutouts using the Sizzix Framelits Tag Die Set by Tim Holtz, and my layered hummingbird is also a Sizzix Die Set, called 'Free Bird' (which just so happens to be on sale I noticed!)

I asked my daughter Moriah if she wanted to create alongside me and participate in a challenge too and she was so excited! This is what she made:


She made all the design and colour decisions herself, I only helped with the cutting out. She chose the Sizzix Wild Hedgerow Die for her glittery leafy branch, and the Sizzix Gerbera Set for her flower.
She was thinking of her older sister when she picked out the sentiment sticker! ;-)


Not bad for a 7 year old hey?!


Thanks for the challenge Tag You're It! Me and Moriah both loved playing along!!
Photobucket

7 comments

  1. Two gorgeous tags Natalie, such lovely bright colours, layering and textures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moriah, you and your mom both made beautiful tags! Your glittery flower and leaf branch are perfectly placed on your cool background! I love your sentiment, and it is so true, we all should read more books! Natalie, your bright bird is so gorgeous, and those tropical leaves are a wonderful background for it. I love the stitched detail. Your tag is beautiful, bright, and exotic! Thank you both for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love both of your tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are both amazing!!! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge and so excited you made it a family affair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, what can I say?
    Not one, but two extra gorgeous tags on display.., and I love them both!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are gorgeous tags! I so love that hummingbird tag, wow! Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails