Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Enjoy Life

Yay for the new camera that arrived today!! My husband is an IT/electrical geek so he researched what was the best camera for us, and then promptly ordered it online so as to get the best deal. And it only took a couple of days to get to us from Sydney. We were very surprised and extremely excited to hear the postman ring the doorbell this morning.


This layout was sitting on my desk from when I finished it last night, so it was the first to photograph, to test out the capabilities and functions of my new toy :-)

I put this layout together using a Pagemaps sketch from the current challenge running at Aussie Scrap Source.


Now for the best bit... check out these beautiful close-up shots of the details. 


Lots and lots of Sassafras Paper Whimsies, and some cute little Jenni Bowlin butterflies. I was breaking into my Summer Camp kit from Studio Calico..... and loving it!!


I glittered that bird to within an inch of it's life. I just adore my Martha Stewart glitters at the moment :-)


I wanted the whole look of the page to be bright and fun and whimsical because that's how I feel when I look at this photo. Yes, that is a photo of me as a 6 year-old with perhaps the biggest can of Coke you've ever seen, although I do seem to remember that it was made of foam. And to come up with a title for the layout I simply Googled past Coke slogans to find one that would fit :-) I broke a cardinal rule of scrapbooking though..... I used an original photograph. But the way I figure it, this photo has been sitting around in various places for the past 20 years, certainly not in archival conditions, and now it's finally getting some love and attention that it deserves.

6 comments

  1. Wowm gorgeous LO! It's been way to long since I've visited your blog! Your LO's always make me happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEF very whimsical and fun, love the twine trail coming off the bird, YEAH for the new camera too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a softly pretty and whimsical Lo ! You sure were a cute 6 yr old.
    Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use originals sometimes too - it's in a safe place now, right?!
    Congrats on the new camera - totally thrilled to be able to see all that gorgeous detail on your pages up close!
    Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were such a cutie!!!! Beautiful LO, I really like that soft background with the rays, that's really pretty!
    I didn't know it was a rule in scrapbooking not to use orginal photos... however, I never do that either, I always scan and print it and leave the original untouched... don't know why I do that though...
    And a new camera woohoo, how exciting!!! I'm dying to get myself a reflex camera, but the budget doesn't allow it I'm afraid :-( Ah well, one day... Have fun playing with yours!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails