Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Desperate Housewives

I'm so excited to be bringing you the Fetch a Sketch challenge this week over at Scrapz.biz, and let me tell you it's a good one!!


The theme this week is 'Desperate Housewives' which I immediately Googled to spark some creative ideas since I don't actually watch the show, and I came across this image of one of their DVD covers.


I used this to base my sketch off. And I've purposely left it fairly vague in order to allow you your own interpretation and add your own design style.


You can use all those squares as photos, or journaling blocks, or embellishment spaces or anything else you can come up with.


I also used the original Desperate Housewives image to help guide my colour choices.
I started off with a bold dark background and filled it with vivid blue, red and yellow patterns.


Products I've used:
My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose
My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose brads
My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose label stickers
Basic Grey Micro Mono alpha stickers


So if you want to join in with this week's challenge and go into the draw to win a fabulous prize all you need to do is create a layout based on the sketch above and upload it to the appropriate gallery using FAS 049 in your title by midnight Wednesday 18th May.

Have fun!

3 comments

  1. What a fun layout Natalie! I LOVE Desperate Housewives!! It is totally over the top but hilarious nonetheless! I really adore what you did with the birdies on the wire - that is so super cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the stitching...glad you showed the close ups

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning ... and super clever! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you placed the birds on the stitching ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails