Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Story of the Missing Ensuite Door

It's time for another delicious Yammy Scrap colour combo challenge at Scrap Friends! And here's the page I made as my DT example.


What I love about colour combo challenges is seeing which colour everyone chose as their primary starting point. For this one you can see I chose black - mainly because I had that Prima paper with it's shining silver stars begging me to use it, and the perfect story to go with it (although not the photo! LOL!)


It documents another part of our normal everyday life. You see, one of the things we didn't initially notice when passing through our house on an inspection, but which fast became obvious once we started living here..... was the fact that our ensuite DOESN'T HAVE A DOOR! Weird! And it's not as though we can just attach one, because really it's an open archway that leads into our bathroom.


But apart from the (sometimes embarrassing) toilet issues the biggest problem is that because I get up quite early for work and have a shower, get dressed etc whilst The Man is still sleeping it means I've only got two choices. I either turn on the lights and wake him up... or I learn to do it all in the dark.
I've chosen the latter ;-)


I've gotten pretty good at putting on my makeup blind...  although I've learnt to check it before I actually step foot out of the house. And there's only ever been one occasion when I found out later I had put my underwear on inside out!
And that's why I say "thank goodness for daylight saving time" because it means it's getting lighter in the mornings so I can see what I'm doing!!


So to check out what the other DT and Guest DT girls did with the challenge, and to get all the details, you'll find it on the Scrap Friends blog here. This is the fabulous prize up for grabs this month... just stunning!


And speaking of prizes, I've got my Celebratory Giveaway happening this week too. Check it out here.
Photobucket

Supplies:

4 comments

  1. woaw your LO just fabulous!!! i really love it!!!
    bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your layout! The colors just pop off the background :) Yeah, I learnt to dress in the dark too but if my hubby is the one who gets up earlier than me... he just turns on the light... grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is lovely! + I especially enjoyed reading the story :D..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being featured on the SC blog. Happy to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails