Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Story of the Peacock Card

I've definitely got a whole feather-obsession thing going on right now. My Instagram account is filled with different images of me making different versions of them. Some of them I have plans for... like when I posted all these peacock feathers in progress. Some of them (like this one) I don't know what I'm going to do with yet :-)


The photo above was merely step one in the great peacock-feather-adventure-card which ultimately ended up looking like this. 
 


I was super super excited to have my card and it's corresponding tutorial featured last week as a Guest Post on the blog of none-other than my long time crafty idol Julie Fei Fan Balzer!!



The feathers are actually made with a 6x6" stencil that Julie designed. It's a couple of years old now, but still remains one of my favourites, so when Julie asked for a tutorial using her stencils I knew just which one I was going to reach for. 


After much texture paste, watercolours and of course glitter (!) I had a whole flock of feathers that needed nothing anything else but a sentiment in order to create this fun card. Kinda looks like a firework explosion of peacock feathers don't you think?


If you're interested in checking out the whole tutorial of how this card came together from beginning to end then please go over and visit Julie's blog. Maybe you'll be inspired to create something feathery this weekend?

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Looks featherlicious delish!!! I was just over there the other day checking out her foil videos......she's an amazing designer....off I go again;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those foil tags and whatnot are just fabulous aren't they?! I think she's great.

      Delete
  2. Looks really good, love the colouring of the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these feathers look amazing colored and cut out out! I better pop over over and check out this site!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails