Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Story of the Fruit Card

Despite appearances that suggest I'm on a Project Life and Card-making rampage there is also quite a bit of Scrapbooking happening around here as well. Most of these pages can't be shared at the moment though as they're all in preparation for the next Jot Magazine issue. If you fancy having a shot at being published in it too then you should check out the submission themes here and shoot Kim an email. I know she'd love to hear from you! But you better get in fast, submissions close tomorrow.


So yeah... in the meantime... here's another card!!


You can see I had a lot of fun with this one. And it came together really quickly too. A diecut circle, a transparency and a bunch of chipboard fruit pieces, that's all it took for this one. All the bits and pieces for this is from my stash of Studio Calico South of Market collection. It might be 'old' in the scheme of scrapbook collections but I really find that the stuff Studio Calico makes is truly timeless. Plus, I'm still on a fruit bender at the moment!


The other reason why this card came together quickly is because I was scrap-lifting this amazing creation by Aimee Dow which was featured on the APOCD blog! Don't worry, I asked her permission first ;-)


Commonly when I scrap-lift I take a fairly literal interpretation. But I always like to take one element and change it around slightly. So what I did was change the square transparency window and the rectangle elements and substitute them with circles instead! Not overly imaginative ... but something different all the same ;-)

How do you scrap-lift?

Photobucket

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails