Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Jot Magazine March Mood Board Challenge

So the good news is I've got plenty of reasons to be giving away lots of these today....


Yesterday we welcomed the safe arrival of our third baby, Judah James after a speedy labour. It all went very well and we're both doing fine. The girls are super excited of course, and the Trophy Husband couldn't be prouder. Obviously anticipating this moment I have taken the opportunity to make up a few pre-prepared Thank You cards. This one that you see here was inspired by the March Mood Board challenge at Jot Magazine. Aren't the colours just delightful?!
Very fresh and crisp and representative of new life don't you think? So it couldn't be more perfect for me right now. And whilst I know that at first glance this card might look a little complicated with all it's layers let me share my trick with you.... all I do is gather scraps of supplies that match the colours and put them in a big pile. I usually don't search very hard, I just find the first things that my eyes land on, and then I build up some layers on my card until I'm happy with the arrangement. So it's actually a reasonably quick process.


For example here the white butterfly is a scrap that was still lying on my desk from something else (which was too long ago to even remember, but I kept this negative image because I knew it would come in handy for something like this!) and then all the layers underneath that are Project Life cards. The only bit of 'real work' I did was diecut the word Thanks using one of my most-used metal dies from Studio Calico. I cut it in green glitter cardstock because I just couldn't help myself!


If you've been just as inspired by the March Mood Board at Jot Magazine as I was then you'll want to check out all the details on how to play along here. You can of course create a layout or a Project Life spread, or anything paper project essentially. I'm just still stuck in my card making groove lately!


Our sponsor this month is A Piece of Cake Designs with a generous gift voucher up for grabs. Maybe I'll see you over there?

PS. You can check out my fresh baby pics on Instagram if you're interested :-)

Photobucket

8 comments

  1. CONGRATS on the safe arrival of Judah, Natalie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the very best to you and your family and welcome to the world little Judah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the very best to you and your family and welcome to the world little Judah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big congrats to you all! I hope every thing goes well as you all adjust to life with your new little man! Your card is so lovely too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Best wishes to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little boy looks gorgeous & your card too!!! Love the glitter sentiment & the colours certainly are YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the birth of your handsome new baby boy! Whoever gets this card will be thanking you for sending it, it is beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails