Pages

Monday, May 22, 2017

Melonisation and other tag-related matters

You might have noticed but my main social media outlet is Instagram! I think it's fairly safe to say I post there every day and I share soooo much more there than anywhere else. If you don't already follow me there, here's a LINK to my account :-)


I also tend to get a lot of my inspiration from there as well. One of the ideas that's really captured my attention is the melonisation challenge that Pepita Hasenkeks started. The idea is to colour an image to look like a watermelon and there's some great examples under the hashtag #melonentierchen


To be fair, I think the tag I've created here is a little too vague and I'll probably do something more for this round. Last time I coloured THIS and THIS which I think captures the spirit of the challenge a lot more. But I still think it's a pretty cute tag. I've used the Medallion Flower Builder stamp set and it's matching dies from Neat and Tangled.


I love the instant interaction you get on Instagram too. Like when I put out a question about whether I should keep the googly eye on my diecut Natural Bird from Sizzix. I couldn't decide whether it was a bit too freaky, or whether it would pass as cute! To be honest, the majority voted that it was freaking them out...... but I kept it anyway!! LOL!!


And then popped him on a Hooray Tag I created to go in with my latest giveaway over there!


I've really been loving the size and shape of this Classic Tag 2 die, and all the matching elements that come with it are fabulous too. I've used it one other time recently as well, and that was to make this St Patrick's Day tag with all it's green and gold shaker elements.

Do you make tags? Share in the comments below because I'd love to see!

xx

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails