Pages

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June mood board at Jot Magazine

June already! And winter is upon us!
I guess winter does make me think of crisp white frosty bejewelled colour schemes (a bit like snow!) and so this current Mood Board at Jot Magazine really does fit the bill.

Here's the card I made up as an example:


The two images in the mood board that inspired me the most were those gold rosette pinwheels in the bottom right corner, and the pearl jewellery the girl is wearing.


I had need of a winter wedding card so this was perfect timing for me, and so I wanted to keep my card very regal and elegant. I started with the background of white on grey - using my Neat and Tangled Scalloped Cover Plate Die to cut out a white 'lace' to overlap the pale grey background.  Actually, I attempted to make my own grey marbled paper... but as you can see it didn't quite work out!!


And then I wanted these really thick chunky textural gold flowers all overlapping one another, so I did a bit of a handmade job on those as well. I took some of that cardboard/chipboard you sometimes get in your scrapbooking order to prevent the papers from getting bent... and painted it with gold acrylic paint. Then I used my Sizzix Bigz Tattered Florals Die to perfectly chomp out all those little flowers.


Are you feeling inspired to play along? Anita from Flutterby Designs is our generous sponsor once again, so you know there's going to be an awesome prize on offer!
Check out all the details on the Jot Magazine blog right HERE.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails