Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Neat and Tangled June Release

The June release from Neat and Tangled is pretty darn awesome. I reckon it's my favourite bundle of products in one hit so far!
 

And speaking of bundles, this is the first month where they're offering you the chance to purchase the whole release as a bundle too (it saves you 10% off the retail price of buying everything separately), and you can find it in the shop HERE.

Now let me show you what I've made so far.....


The first card uses the Bloom Stamp set and matching dies to create the floral border and the large sentiment. I love how the extra flowers that come in the set correspond to those in the border so you can have them popped up separately.


And that cute little bird? That actually comes from the Beach Day set but I couldn't resist adding him here like he's singing the phrase at you ;-)


My second card started with the Flamingo Floatie stamp and die - I'm such a sucker for flamingos at the moment, and as usual I embossed them in gold glitter. I seem to be doing that a lot lately!


And for the background I used the Rice Paddies stencil. That's what it's called, but it also represents many other fluid or marbled patterns found in nature. And when I used this slightly darker blue ink over the lighter blue cardstock I found that it created the perfect pool ripples!!


It just so happened that the Welcome Home stamp and dies came at just the right moment for me personally. We just moved house one week ago and so we've started that process of updating everyone with our new address. Having a few of these super-cute tags on stand by for our 'special' friends has been really handy - the address is on the back.


And since our new house is by the beach, the Beach Day stamps and dies came in handy again for some extra embellishments to create this little scene. I used the new sequin mix, called Sherbert, to represent some sand - don't you think the colours are just perfect for this?


I'll finish off with just a sneak peek at the card I've made for the Neat and Tangled blog this week. Clearly I was inspired by my tags to use a similar type of design, but in the corresponding video I'm going to show you not only how I created my card, but I'll share some stenciling and watercolouring hacks for the budget-conscious crafter ;-)

You can find my blog post already up, HERE.


Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails