Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Jot Magazine September Mood Board

It's time for another Mood Board challenge at Jot Magazine, and this is what I've made!


This is a bit of a variation on my normal go-to colour scheme of pink and aqua. This time it's mixed with navy and peach as well. I love how these challenges push me to places I wouldn't think of myself!

Here's what the Mood Board looks like:


I started my card first by pulling out some scraps of paper and a few embellishments that match the colour scheme. That's usually how I roll for these types of challenges! I then use them to dictate how the design of my card is going to go as far as focal point and sentiment are concerned.


But of course, I can't forget the mood board itself and on this occasion I draw inspiration from the vertical lines in the bottom two pictures. I line up squares of my patterned paper and then sew it all down with my sewing machine. I let the lines of thread mimic the vertical lines from the mood board.


I hope you'll join in with us for this September version of our challenge! You can find all the details for it HERE on the Jot blog!


0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails