Saturday, February 13, 2010

A bit artsy

Got a bit artsy for this latest challenge at The Creative Type. Prompt #25 was to incorporate type into your embellishments. I do this a bit anyway so I wanted to do something a little different than I've done before (I've done the flowers made from book paper a number of times - very effective. Might have to think about showing you one or two for a Flowers on Friday).

So what I did instead was to cover some chipboard hearts in book paper, then apply a small rub-on, ink around the edges and then cover it with a thick layer of dimensional magic. I did the same thing with just a circle of chipboard, and then poked holes in it to create my own button.
These embellishments became the basis for my layout.



Then I went to town a bit (too much) with the gesso, and paint and masking and misting. Had a lot of fun though.



There's actually journaling there above the date label, and although you can see it a bit better in real life, it's still pretty dark and hard to read. I probably should have done it in white pen instead to make it more obvious, but then it would perhaps look a little funny on the overall layout.



I got this fabulous printed tape recently in a few different patterns. I love how I was able to use it to stick the photo and hearts down with, and although they got a bit covered in the paint I was able to just wipe it off, and you can then see the original patterned paper underneath.

1 comments

  1. This is wonderful. You've given me an idea with the heart and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails