Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Not so stuck

I've managed to join in on one of the challenges at Stuck Sketches this month. It was mainly due to the fact that I was so inspired by the October 1st sketch. I knew I needed to do something with it, so this is what I came up with.

and here's what the sketch looked like:


Pretty much every one of the DT examples and participants to date have used the large white rectangle to represent thier photo, and the 3 smaller sqaures to represent embellishments. Which was funny to me because I immediately thought it to be the other way around in my head. Hence I used the larger space on the left for my title and journaling, and the smaller spots of the right for my photos (but I only had two, so I had to make the third into another journaling spot)

I just bought a new border punch which I adore and I couldn't help but add a little sample to this page.

After just recently complaining that I've only made one layout from my Studio Calico Continental kit I thought I should make more of an effort, so all the supplies on this are a mixture of the Continental and Partly Sunny kits.

I'm afraid sometimes I'm not very good or original at making up titles, and since I couldn't fit in a very long one I had to settle with some initials here. P and M stands for Poppy and Moriah and the journailng is about how my Dad was quite apprehensive with handling babies when Munchy first came along, but he quickly settled into the role and now he's nothing but the caring doting grandparent. It's very lovely to watch.

4 comments

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch. Love how you look at it differently. My problem was I didn't have pictures to go down the side, so I just went with the one big one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that title block and the fact that you used the smaller blocks for pix!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this LO. Love the little pics and the way you swapped things around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this and what precious photos! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! - love your different take on the photo placement :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails