Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Photo Journaling

It was really hard to wait and show you the new Once Upon a Sketch challenge because it was just soooo much fun :-) But it's gone live and so now I can reveal the page I made for it....

 
As always the challenge comes with Journalling Criteria: This time you need to journal 2 lines directly on your photo. You can write on your photo, you can print your writing on your photo,  you can use journalling strips on your photo etc. There is no theme this time, just a journalling technique criteria. 

You must also use this sketch: 
 
 
I played around with adding my journaling to my photo on journaling stickers, or my old favourite of typewritten strips. But in the end I went with the raw and organic form of simply writing it on. I think it suits the style of my page much better. 



I stuck with the supplies out of my April Studio Calico kit 'Singing in the Rain' to make my paper and embellishment choices easier.... not to mention that I'm trying super-hard at the moment to kill some kits!! I have to admit, I still haven't succeeded with that, but I'm getting pretty close now with some ;-)


I interpreted all those horizontal strips into a set of wavy ones instead - attempting to make it look like the wavy sea that Munchy is overlooking in the photo. I have to say that girl is getting more creative every day. I was fiddling around with this layout and not very happy with it, and so I asked her what she thought I should do with it. That clever little just-turned-five-year-old of mine answered "well... just keep adding more things until it looks good........ how about some glitter?"


I didn't quite take her advice on the glitter, but I did keep going until I was satisfied.

Now..... let's talk prizes!!
The winner of this challenge will walk away with a newly released collection pack from our sponsor 3ndypapir. Here's a sneak peak of what that will look like:


And two more winners will win collection packs by Sassafras including 'Count Me In' and my absolute favourite 'Mix and Mend'.







Don't forget, this is an international challenge blog so anyone in the world can enter. Find out all the details over on the OUAS blog. I'll see you over there!

4 comments

  1. YAY! I was also excited to post this challenge. ALL the DT work was amazing and as usual yours is just so YOU! I would recognise your work anywhere. Just awesome Natalie. Love it. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this IS so fun! and I love that Munchy had such wonderful advice- AND that part of it was to add glitter! atta girl! :D (when in doubt, add glitter!)
    hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful lo! Love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your page and I will definitely have to put sewing machine on my christmas list !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails