Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Having a Flutter

The Melbourne Cup. It's called the 'Race That Stops the Nation' and I'm usually lucky enough as a Melbournite to even get a public holiday. For a horse race!! Crazy right?!


Over at Scrapz.biz we're celebrating the occasion in true scrappy style by hosting a competition. It's like a layout sweepstake. All you have to do is upload a layout to our Melbourne Cup Flutter gallery using the sketch and colour inspiration (all the instructions are here) and you'll be assigned a random horse that's running in the Cup.


Should your horse place in the Melbourne Cup - then you win a lovely scrappy voucher!! There's even a prize for lucky last! But you better hop to it if you want to enter because the race is on Tuesday which means you need your entries in before that :-)


My layout tells the story about Moodle's obsession with my iPhone. She's not even two years old yet, she can barely talk, but she's taught herself how to play Angry Birds!! Whenever she sees me with my phone she starts calling out "Eagle? EAGLE!" or simply "Game?" which is her way of saying she wants to play.... now.


Kids hey? By the time they're as old as me they'll probably know how to fly their own hover-cars and communicate via telepathy or whatever it is that Star Trek tells us the future holds :-)

4 comments

  1. Luv ur take on the challenge Nati!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout, fabulous use of Glee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi natalie
    Love your LO, your colours are so bright and vibrqant.Your post made me smile because I too have a 2 year old who is obsessed with my i-phone. he plays angry birds, slice-it, fruit ninja... He scrolls through the menus faster than I can and his favourite trick is to play my videos on full blast in the library, or the doctors waiting room, or somewhere else that is usually very quiet! Gotta love em eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful take on this challenge Nati!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails