Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

October Shopping List

My top 5 choices of things to add to your Studio Calico shopping cart this month. If you're a subscriber you will want to wait for bundling to begin of course... but there's no harm in just checking things out right? ;-)



Color Theory Ink Pads
The latest addition of 6 further colours to add to your Color Theory Ink Pad collection have been released and I didn't need to think twice about adding the whole bundle to my cart. I've certainly given Inky Black, Flamingo and Lime Light a good workout already on my October layouts. The label stickers come separately but are essential if you plan on stacking them so you can easily identify which one is which. I've now got my stack of 18 colours piled high on my desk, but they don't seem in any danger of falling.

Totally Awesome Die and Stamp Set
I know I've had the metal dies on my list for a few months running now but that's because I've fallen back in love with them recently. I used to think after I got my Silhouette that I'd never have to buy a metal die again, and in many ways that's true. But there's just something about the bevelled edge and smooth contours of a metal die cut image that appeals to me. And when that image comes with a coordinated stamp set it allows for so many possibilities. I've used this Totally Awesome set in my October projects not once but twice! It also comes with an alternate stamp set called 'Be Awesome'.

Transparency Pad
This is one of the many reasons why it pays to be a subscriber. Every month there is an exclusive SC release which is only available for subscribers to order, and this month it's a 16 page 4x6" transparency pad printed with gold foil and white designs. It's clearly awesome (pun intended!) and went straight into my shopping cart the minute I spotted it. 

Leather Album
With a new baby coming and my very first pregnancy layout having been scrapped for the October reveal it has dawned on me that I'll probably need a new album. The way my albums are organised at the moment is to have a separate one for each of the girls for each year (plus an extra one for everything else). So yeah... I'll be needing to add a new colour to the lineup and this Aqua one seems like a good neutral choice since I don't know the sex of the baby yet ;-)

Watercolour Papers
I know these aren't new to the SC shop.. but they've only recently just been restocked, and even more recently reached my eager hands. These really are as awesome as you have imagined! This set comes with 40 sheets of paper saturated with colour that readily discharges when activated with water (a waterbrush is perfect). What that means in real terms is mess-free painting! For example they've even been packed up with us on our holiday trip so the kids can augment their travel diaries.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails