Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

To Be Sure

I did this layout for the 123 Challenge blog. The criteria for the August challenge was to use the colour yellow, misting and the word sunshine. I was immediately inspired to do this layout, but what with moving house and starting a new job and all, it nearly didn't happen in time. Lucky for me I managed to unpack my scrappy goodies and whip up this page in the nick of time.


Lots of misting as you can see, using my well-worn home-made sunrays stencil. And then I stamped in the Studio Calico 'happy' with some Distress-Ink which meant that when I went over the layout with a spritz of water, it bled and blended very nicely.


After mounting my layout onto a paper from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety collection to really highlight the yellow, I literally used scraps to finish the rest of my layout.

I know different people have different systems for collecting thier scraps and off-cuts but what I do is to file them into a ring binder with plastic sleeves, a different page for each colour. So I simply flipped through my folder to find pieces that coordinated with the colours and theme of my layout. For example, you might recognise that banner from all the projects I did as a Guest DT for Scrapbooking from Scratch last month?!


I was a little bit unsure about whether to add another title to my page, since I already had the digital stamp on the photo which I think served pretty well for a title (it's from the Feeling Cloudy collection by Vol.25 - you really should check out her blog and Etsy for yourself - it's something else!) but as you can see I did it anyway. And then, as usual, I added in heaps (too much?) journalling because I really wanted to journal these thoughts.

It's about how Munchy is so very helpful around the house, especially when it comes to her little sister. Whenever I ask her to do something (fetch me your sister's dummy, pass me those wipes, can you share your toys please, go and get her teddy.....) she never ever complains, she always answers very quickly with "sure" and it makes me so very happy that she's so generous and helpful.

7 comments

  1. Rays, banners and one talented designer! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful LO once again Natalie, and I'm so inspired by all of your journaling! I wish I could journal like that ... I always have trouble finding the right words to say...
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie, hope you are surviving your working week with plenty of creative goodness. Love this oh so sweet and precious layout about Munchy and her adorable helpful nature, gotta love it when they are good like that. Loving the use of your scraps and banner and misting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everywhere you look on this beautiful layout...you can spot a different thing each time

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazing!!! I can't seem to get a page done without HALF of the things you've got taxing you!!! SO VERY BEAUTIFUL to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've really captured the sun on this one and I love how you journaled all over. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails