Whilst it never made the final cut for my Masters entry, I don't actually consider it a failed layout. I still like how it turned out, albeit quite different from my original idea. It involved a lot of fiddling and experimenting which is part of the fun and I loved playing with new techniques along the way.
I used some of my most favourite supplies - including reigniting my fondness of these JBS rubon butterflies. I've had this one in my stash for so long that unfortunately it got a little stuck on the packaging, but I'm never one to shy away from imperfections (!) so on it went anyway. I think it makes quite a bold statement on this page about my girls meeting their new baby cousin for the first time.
And sticking with the kraft and red colour scheme I chose these JBS feathers as my only other real embellishments. Given the nature of the challenge I didn't want to distract too much from all the background techniques that are supposed to be the focus of this layout.
First I made a Silhouette cut file with all this text of baby Zylee's name and date of birth. When I first cut it out I used it as a stencil and sprayed it with grey mist. The mist didn't really cut it for me so I lined up the stencil again and this time spread gesso through it. Much better! And you still get the faint outline of grey which is a bit cool. I stamped in between the words and splattered my usual paint and pearls. I ended up using the same cardstock letters from my original Silhouette cut for my title rather than mixing in another font. As I said, it all became a bit fiddly, but I kinda like it anyway :-)