Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Story of Sunshine

Super jealous of you guys in the Northern Hemisphere as you enjoy the final days of summer. It's still very much the cold of winter here in Australia and I'm shivering my way through the mornings. I think I could probably do tropical all year round if given a choice. I think I'm by nature a sun-lover (very ironic given my once-red hair and freckled skin).


We recently enjoyed a family holiday in Queensland which was just spectacular. Sunshine, beaches, swimming, simply awesome! I agree with the catchphrase of Queensland who describes itself as "beautiful one day, perfect the next". It kinda makes a great title for a layout too don't you think?


I used my favourite JBS Modern Mercantile collection for this layout, but mixed in a generous amount of pink to coordinate with my girl's bathing suits. Those butterfly stickers are still ranked amongst my most used supplies. And the gold feather rubons? Perfection.


On a slightly related topic, have you seen the new class my fellow JBS designer Jill Sprott is leading at 2Peas? It's called "Scrapbooking from the Soul" and I'm part way through it. I have to say, it's one of the best classes I've ever taken. It really resonates with my way of thinking about scrapbooking, although I'm no where near her level of insightful journaling. I'm not associated with it in any way, this is not me trying to sell it. I just really think you should check it out if you want inspiration to take your journaling to a whole new level. It's really powerful.


That's all from me tonight.
Over and out.
xx

Photobucket

Supplies:


2 comments

  1. I think I was channeling you today...did a LO for Scrap365 & it sorta turned into something you'd do... Journaling included......& yes, you butterfly feathery girl...they look fab, as always:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Like those title strips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails