Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fabric things

If you follow my blog (or if you read down a few posts) you'll know that I made some pretty little blue flowers out of some organza ribbon that I didn't know what to do with. Well, I came up with something! All I did was buy a cheap plain t-shirt which just happened to match the colour of the flowers nicely (which was pure coincidence because I wasn't planning it), and I sewed them on. My husband now thinks I've gone to the next level of obsession if I'm "scrapping" clothes.



This shirt went to daughter No.1 for Christmas.

I also made a few other different flowers from more ribbon and other fabric scraps which I made into hair clips and headbands. But in the craziness of Christmas I forgot to take photos of them.
But I did keep one for myself. I made some lollipop satin flowers (from some old pj's which were otherwise going to get thrown out, but that's just our little secret ok?) and stuck them on a plain elastic headband.



I used some vintage buttons I bought from an op-shop for the centres. It's all about up-cycling for me at the moment.

1 comments

  1. OK, but tell hubbs that in YOUR defense, if you're now scrapping CLOTHES, you're saving HIM money!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails