Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sharing

Just wanting to share some fairly recent layouts that I haven't put up previously.
I like to 'try out' some different scrapping styles from time to time. I look at plenty of people's galleries whose style is all clean lines and simple elegance, and I think I really want some of my layouts to look like that. Occasionally I can achieve it, or get close to it anyway!
Like this one.



And here's even a double (which I very rarely do).



With a detail shot of the hand-folded flower, and folded paper underneath the ribbon.



But most of the time, even when I'm trying to do clean layouts, I can't help myself but want to add some paint, or doodling, or ink... and just grunge it up a bit. And most of the time they end up more like this!



Not really happy with how this one ended up, but I didn't know how to make it any better. I find that if I keep on trying to add things to make it better I only make it worse. And I think it's important to just play and experiment, and learn from your failures as well as your triumphs.



And lastly for today, here's a more recent LO I did from our 20 week ultrasound with Moriah. You can click on the image to enlarge it and you'll be able to read the journalling, but in a nutshell I wanted to record how it felt when something not-so-perfect was found at the ultrasound. And despite all my medical knowledge, when you're put in this situation you can't help but respond like a mother. So while my calm intellect told me that the chances of this being serious were quite small, the worry and anxiety surface nonetheless. I think it's good for doctors to be a patient once in a while so they can feel what it's like!

2 comments

  1. I love your style and good on you for scrapping the not-so-perfect moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know, i did a layout similar to this with Keanohn because we were told that there was a possibility that he had spinal bifida. Even though I was worried, I wanted to do a page about how perfect he still was to us!!! I LOVE the design on this page, as well as the raw emotion!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails