Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

First new baby LO

Despite our new bundle of joy being a month old now, this is the first layout I've scrapped with photos of her (other than ultrasound pictures).



No journaling on this one which is unusual for me, but as I've put some vintage book pages in the background as a gel transfer I didn't think I could add more writing on top of it. But this is obviously a photo taken when she was just a few minutes old.



I've added lots of texture and dimension to this layout, which never stands up well once placed into an album and squashed flat, so I thought I would capture a few photos of it now.



Have I told you that I really enjoy making my embellishments (and titles on occasion)? And I love making my pages out of actual scraps, that is, recycled/upcycled materials rather than always using all my brand-name papers. On this layout I've used some corrugated cardboard for the border strip with the stitching, and as the second layer of curly grass. I've used the back of a cereal box for the card to make the title and the stem of the flower, and I've used paper towel sprayed with glimmer mist for the flower itself.



I've tried to put lots of sparkle and shine in this by using many different colours of glimmer mists, and twinkling H2O's for the highlights and to colour the title. Add a splash of paint, rub-ons and some doodling and it's finished!

2 comments

  1. Oh wow! I am loving your work! Love how you do the transfers on the backgrounds. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Thanks for your comments on my blog too. I tend to love the layouts where the journaling tells our story too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails