Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Let's Get Shabby for Christmas

I made a little creation for the Let's Get Shabby blog challenge. I have this house obsession at the moment, and if you have seen my post a couple of weeks ago you would have seen one set of vintage houses that I've made for Christmas already. But I also had this chipboard Melissa Francis Vintage Colonial House that just cried out for some decoration too!

So here's what I did with it:







The tree wasn't part of the kit. I added that myself to make it suit the Christmas theme (which is the challenge at Let's Get Shabby this month). I simply got a stick out of the garden and added leaves that I cut out of Tyvek with my Cuttlebug which I painted with some Shimmerz Blingz for some extra sparkle. I added that same paint to the German scrap border, and used it to highlight the silver swirls on the house but it's very hard to see either of these in the photo.

I also added the matchsticks to the fence to make it look more like a picket fence. And the 'snow' on the ground is some kind of packaging material that I found in my stash.

I'll be back soon with some exciting news to share.

14 comments

  1. oh how sweet just love it. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,This is so sweet!!! Luv the buttons on the roof & the tree is so dang CUTE!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous.....I love your tree and your little button roof. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this such beautiful soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your explanations for how you painted the german scrap etc..thanks for sharing that with us..this is a cute little house and must look fab in your house as a decoration!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS!!!
    LOVE the tree and the button roof! GREAT colors and sparkle!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Shabby!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is adorable, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! that tree is very very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely. The colours suit the theme really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful creation! Beautiful the colours and the details!

    Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its gorgeous!! Love the colours you've used, looks like a perfect Christmas in that little house!! I especially love your tree!!
    They look terrific! Thanks for playing along with Shabby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the challenge! Hugz, z

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails