Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

As Long as We're Together

Following on from my previous attempt to get more of my 2011 monthly family portraits scrapped, I managed to get my November photo down on paper.


I'm not really scrapping these in chronological order.... I gave up on that ages ago. I'm just scrapping what inspires me next. I thought the subtle pinks and reds in the photo was a nice contrast to the almost monotone blue/green layout I made.


This page was a combination of my Studio Calico Field Guide kit, plus some older Studio Calico shop items like all those Anthology journalling cards which made up my background. The Sassafras month card was something I was trying to keep consistent on my pages so when they're all done and albumed it will look a little more cohesive. (Yes, I think 'albumed' should be a word)


Have I mentioned I'm currently having a love affair with my gesso? The chalky white paint is making it's way onto all my layouts lately....... you may have noticed!


Now I haven't really been journaling the things we did each month, more about my thoughts and emotions. Because the November photo is taken outside our house here in the country (where I've been placed for the last 5 months) I journalled about our feelings on moving here, and what it's meant for us to uproot for this period.


I noticed that this page is a little flatter than my usual, so I wanted to leave you with a sneak of an upcoming layout that packs a bit more of punch in the dimension department. Looks a little Valentinesy doesn't it? Hint, hint! It's getting published soon, so I'll be able to share the whole layout after that.

4 comments

  1. Another beautiful page Nati! Love the idea of taking a monthly family portrait!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely ;). Great family picture!~ that is an excellent idea.
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!Just another wonderful page!!!I love the photo with all family!!!
    You always do such a great work on your pages!!
    I write to you a email.
    Hugs and kisses.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails