Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Close Your Eyes and I'll Kiss You

So I just found an unshared layout that I made a few months ago. Time to let it loose on the world I think :-)


Just a mish-mash of scraps and left overs from my last Kreatorville Kit. Don't you just love the mixture of bright cheerful colours against the kraft and gold? It was perfect for this beach shot of us on our winter holidays.


I've done up a little tutorial for the double emobossing technique I used for the gold roses (above) which I may or may not share ...... still deciding! But you know I do love a bit of texture on my layouts so this was a pretty neat trick.


And I reverted back to my trusty vintage typewriter for the journaling which I haven't done in a while. I guess I've been getting lazy and just scribbling all over my layouts with my own handwriting lately. Not that I think that's a bad thing... it's like another piece of me that will be captured for future generations. But I do love the typed text too.


And there's that Cosmo Cricket splash that I've used a few times since. Hey... when something works then there's no reason why you can't keep repeating it on more pages! See my other pages here and here.... I don't think they look overly similar despite their shared elements. Do you have a go-to technique lately?

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous. LOVE the picture : ) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful! love the layout - adore the photo!! love the journaling - i must pull out my typewritter and get some ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Nati & a very sweet pic! Luv all the texture. The typewriter journalling looks great but I agree it is nice to llok back on ur own handwritten notes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this LO, the splashes are so fun. It's amazing what you can do with leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails