Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Year in Review Album..part one

No this isn't a time warp. Yes you are reading that right.
We are in the year 2012........ and that is my 2010 year in review album that I've just finished :-)


Ummm..... so I'm a little behind ok!
But better late than never right?


At the start of last year I devised a very informal plan of making this album, and went searching back through my photos to find a suitable one from every month. I've had them printed out and ready to go for about the whole 12 months now.


Probably that's the problem with informal plans... they get overlooked for more 'important' projects.


But after recently finishing my December Daily that I started in 2010, I figured I might as well keep going with my unfinished projects from that year, and got all inspired to put this to paper.


By keeping the layout basics the same for every page this actually turned out to be a relatively quick project.


I turned to my trusty Sassafras stash, cutting papers from various collections - but all bright and colourful and fun. I added lots of paper whimsies, numbers and stickers, and swiped some gesso madly around.


Some of my photos captured important milestones in our year, whilst others were just everyday events. But they tell the story don't they? They define who we are and what we were doing at that moment in time.


Similarly with my journaling, I didn't necessarily always describe the events that happened (becuase let's be honest.... I couldn't remember them all!), but I went back through some of my blog posts from each month and tried to document some general themes that were happening.


That raised an important point for me though. If I can't remember all the events that happened even a year on, I really need to keep more up to date with this kind of thing. Not in a way that causes pressure or stress, but just in a 'lets be more conscious of this' way.

More coming!

4 comments

  1. Wow, that's so lovely! Love the dynamic colours u choosed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so lovely! Love the dynamic colours u choosed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeus!!!So many wonderful details!!
    I will try to do samething like that one day!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Big huges and kisses
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails