Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bloom (albeit slowly)

I suddenly realised that my stash of cards that I like to keep on hand is dwindling scarily low, so I thought I better get to work so I could have some around. I've heard it said before that you should make a card after every layout with the scraps you have on your desk. Then you don't have to think too much about colours and design because you've already done the hard work when you created your layout.


Well I never realised how genius that idea actually was unitl I put it into action here! Following on from my "Lucky" layout that I shared with you last time I posted I just kept on creating and whipped up this card in the same sitting.


I didn't have too much paper left from my Studio Calico kit by this time, but by keeping the focus on the chipboard frames which were in abundance, the last bit of that fabulous die-cut paper (and those miscellaneous rubons that don't exactly match the theme but do create a bit of interest) I was able to make this bright and happy card.
How handy! Must remember to do this again :-)

5 comments

  1. What a beautiful card. I too learnt how great it is to make cards out of those last bits and pieces on your desk from creating a scrapbook page, genius! I wish someone had told me sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Nati. Yep I really need to do the same thing! It def sounds like a very logical idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just beautiful! Love the color combo. I know what you mean, I need to get some cards done as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really love the look of this! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails