Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feeling Hot

One of my favourite daily challenges at Scrapz.biz is the 'Fetch a Sketch' challenge. As you can guess, it's where the challenge is to build a page from a sketch..... which is nothing new right? But I think why it's so good for me is because if I'm completely honest... I find sketches really difficult!


Yes, I'm on the Design Team for one of the biggest sketch blogs going! Yes I've Guested for sketch challenges on fabulous sites like Two Peas in a Bucket and Pencil Lines! But YES... I usually find it hard to accomplish :-) But I'm constantly trying to improve my skills so getting stuck into not only building a page from a sketch, but designing the sketch in the first place is something I know will push me to my limits.


People often ask how do you go about doing it? Do you design the sketch and then create your page, or do you "cheat" and make a page first then base your sketch off that? For me the answer is 'both'! I actually design in a bit of a circle. What I mean is I start off drawing a quick rough sketch, then I create my page, then I formalise the sketch using my page to fill in the details.


As you can see I've managed to fit in lots of layers and embellishments and bright fun colours into this layout. Perfect for the summery beach theme don't you think? And more importantly for me - I've managed to also fit in a heap of journaling.


Now this particular sketch challenge that I designed finished at the end of last month, but at Scrapz.biz we've got a new challenge up every weekday, and Thursdays are the day for sketches if you're interested. But in the meantime we've got lots more inspiration, and this week it's my turn to host the 'Scrap a Rainbow' challenge, so maybe I'll see you over there?


Supplies:

2 comments

  1. gosh you put things together beautifully nat! fabulously constructed as always. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic summery LO Natalie. I love your layers and clustered embellies. One of the things I love most about your work is the journaling. I love to journal on my LOs too and no page feels complete to me without a story behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails