Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Story of Paradise Found *Video Tutorial*

This post was first shared on the Polly! Blog earlier in the month as part of my Guest Designer stint with them. You can see it in it's full context here.

Hello again! It's Natalie back with you to reveal a little more about my scrapping process. This time I thought I would share pretty much exactly what I do by videoing my page in progress.



The layout I'm creating in the video is called "Paradise Found" and features this picture-perfect photo I took on my recent Queensland holiday. Being a tropical pool-side holiday snap I knew I needed my layout design to be light and airy and brightly coloured. Focusing on the yellow, pink and teal in the kit was definitely the way to go.


Working on a base of cream cardstock (not included in the kit) I built up some background layers with gesso and spray mist. You'll have to watch the video to see exactly how I did this. It's probably not the first technique that comes to mind when I use the words gesso and spray mist. In all honestly, I hardly ever actually spray my mists at all!


After a few paper layers (including a layer created by tearing out a piece of the brown bag that the embellishments come in) I created even more depth in my background by punching some stars and backing it with the red Dear Lizzy paper. I'd like to say I was inspired by the star paper in the kit but I think it's actually that I'm quite star-obsessed at the moment. Ha! You'll even notice that the jacket I'm wearing in the video is starry!


Things you might also notice in the video (not that I want to ruin all the surprises)... this is real life scrapping in progress. I lay down embellishments, and then change their position, then contemplate further and shift them back again. I test out paper colours and then swap them at the last minute. And in the interest of full disclosure, if you're really observant you'll also notice that I made this layout is such a sleep-deprived state after my night shifts that I haven't even done my hair! Whhoooooppsss...... I didn't think that you'd ever see my head in the video... but you do!


I'll be back later on with one more Polly! layout to share. I think I've probably saved the best for last ;-)
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Finally got time to check out your video, & well worth it...loving that paint work & that star punch is fab!!!!! Love watching you create. Music was rather appropriate eh??!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your Video! I really enjoyed it. It seems as if you are a really fast scrapper :-)! However, love your layouts:-).
    Janine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails