Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Story of Great Expectations Take 2

Following on from my other non-carnival layout made with the Midway Collection from October Afternoon that I shared earlier in the week (and has already been picked up for publication!) I threw some more of it at this page too.


I picked out the orange and green colours to focus on, and added some splashes of yellow and blue. But overall I think it has quite a citrus colour-scheme going on here. It reminds me of a light and breezy Spring afternoon, and it was all inspired from the lovely Mood Board challenge running at Jot Magazine currently.



That's my sister in the photo, showing off her gorgeously huge preggo belly. It was a lovely photo-shoot and this shot was too beautiful not to scrap. I especially love a good bit of sun-glare!!


I used a Balzer Designs Crafters Workshop template in the background with all it's numbers and months to represent the waiting period when you're pregnant. I see pregnant women pretty much every day at work, and we're all the same in some respects. Pregnancy is a time of such huge anxiety, expectations, excitement and anticipation. And 9 months can feel like forever!


I gave away a secret on my Instagram and Facebook account in regards to this layout. I shared a bit of a before-shot which revealed how I give my paper layers a bit of dimension. I'll give you a bit of a clue.... it's like foam tape but it uses product you might otherwise throw away. I share all sorts of extra things there that don't make it onto my blog.


Happy Scrapping.
xx
Photobucket

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous photo, I love a preggy belly shot!
    Great layout too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, really LOVELY photo & fab LO...the softness in the page sort of supports the softness of the pic....LOOOVE this one...& congrats on having the other one picked up already:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft colours on this layout. Oh and the months in the background. Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page! Love the soft colors and that photo is so beautiful!
    Congrats on the pub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie this is just exquisite, a new fav of yours, thanks for playing along at JOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning layout. Thanks for contributing to the Jot Mood Board Challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photo and equally gorgeous page Natalie! I love your misted background and the layering. Always love seeing your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photo of your sister is absolutely beautiful Natalie -- as is your layout.. thanks for playing along again with the challenge. KIM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails