Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Story of Scrapmatts and FWAB

Right back in February when I was still designing for my favourite Aussie embellishment manufacturer 'Flourish With a Bling' we teamed up with 'Scrapmatts' who make the most interesting and intricate chipboard. My projects were on both blogs at the time, but never made it here.

Better late than never I say!


At first you might not pick me for a bling and chipboard kind of scrapper. In fact, a lot of the time I would have trouble calling myself that too. But only because it usually conjures up images of the flowery-romantic-shabby-chic-vintage kind of style, and that's really not me. But both of them are actually quite versatile products and can be used in a variety of different ways.


What I prefer to do is a fun and whimsical and colourful style, and both FWAB and Scrapmatts offer that with their products. For this page I combined the FWAB Up in the Sky raindrops with Taylah’s toadstools and Silver Elise flourish (all links are at the end of my post) with Scrapmatts Butterflies, Kite and Birdbath to tell this funny little story.


You see, The Man thought it would be a great idea to buy a push-mower rather than a petrol one as it would be better for the environment and would encourage him to get out and exercise whilst he was doing it. In reality what it means is this... the grass in our backyard is now growing out of control to the point where my youngest even gets tripped up in it!


Each chipboard piece is first covered with gesso as a base, then I coloured with either acrylic paint or ink before finishing them off with Dimensional Magic, Liquid Pearls and glitter for a sparkle and shine!


The next thing I love about chipboard and the range of bling FWAB carry is that you can make them match any colour scheme you can think of. My second layout was slightly more traditional as I captured that magical moment of my girls watching a bride walk down the ‘aisle’ to meet her groom. They were so awe-struck and couldn’t take their eyes off her. I stuck to a fairly simple pastel colour scheme with pink, aqua and cream and chose my embellishments to match.


I kept my Scrapmatts birdcages white but coloured the birds brightly mauve and glittery so they really stood out. Then I let my FWAB add a lovely textural touch with the Grace Pearl flourish behind the cages, and the Wine Rhinestones as a twinkling border.


I was pretty good at incorporating lots of Jenni Bowlin products in this one too, and you can see a few papers from her Black & Red and Magpie collections as well as using Evalicious stamps on both pages as well. This was my DT page trifecta!!


There were a couple of cards I made for the showcase as well, but I'll leave them for another day.
Happy Scrapping :-)

Photobucket

Supplies:


3 comments

  1. Amazing how many products you got on these pages!!!! IMO fave is the bottom one..but I'm biased towards those sort of 'block' pages you do...I find them really interesting & I lovelovelove how you've got those bird cages set up:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved what you did with the Scrapmatts. I saw them in the gallery back then and you rocked them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are all so delight and sweet, love them! Thank you also so much for your comment on my blog. I am very excited about your great feedback! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails