Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Story of the Queen of the Castle

Happy International Scrapbooking Day everyone. I know I'm a little late to the party. In fact, I didn't actually make it to the party at all. No scrapbooking for me today as I'm in the midst of another stint of night duty. But here's a look at an unshared page...


Night duty for me has it's pros and cons. The way our hospital works is that I work 7 nights in a row, and then get 7 days off. Those 7 nights working really SUCK but the 7 days off is fabulous! Our shifts are long too, starting at 8pm and ending at 9am the next day. And it's all labour-ward stuff or emergency referrals so it can be quite intensive. Luckily my current stint has been reasonably good ..... "nobody say the Q word"


But as far as my family is concerned (or my scrapping for that matter) I'm only either at work, getting ready for work or sleeping. It doesn't leave much time for anything else. It's a good thing the week off makes up for it .... at least after the first 48hrs of 'jet-lag' where my body clock is still on night hours.


7 days is long enough to get projects done, or go away on day-trips or even short holidays. In fact, just last week I spent it lazing by the beach in Queensland! Totally seems worth it when I'm doing that! Occasionally we'll use the time to travel to see all the family back home on the farm. Among other things they've got a great tree-house that my kids adore.


I took this photo of Moodles in it, giving me her version of the regal wave. That's where the idea for the title and theme of this page came about. She looks right at home doesn't she?

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. I hope you stint of night duty is reasonably uneventful! :) Another beautiful LO..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you poor thing....but like you say, the 7 days off is a good thing! Loving the treehouse..sooo reminds me of my Grandparents place - Pa made us one up in the fork of the pepper tree. It was fab as it was over top of the path down to the chooks & sheep pens, so there was always someone going along underneath!!! Wonderful use of circles, here, Nat...take care now:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't actually know how you do it... sheesh! Loving this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of circles! Love those clean lines and use of white space. I feel so inspired! Your shift work sounds really tiring! I do hope that you find some time to rest up. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails