Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2014

30 Days of Me

The next class offering from Studio Calico is called "30 Days of Me" and is taught by Maggie Holmes. In all honesty I've never taken a class by Maggie before, but everyone who has always raves about it! I think she has such a lovely colourful feminine aesthetic and her pages are always inspiring, so I'm sure her class is going to be as well.


The idea of this class is to include more of yourself in your memory-keeping and to include more you-moments in an entire album dedicated to yourself! It's something we often forget, or in fact, it's something we often purposefully avoid isn't it?! Personally, I think it's a great idea as far as leaving a legacy is concerned, and I'm sure it's something that our children will thank us for doing in years to come.


I know what some of you are thinking! You're thinking your daily life is hardly worth documenting, that your routine is mundane and is just a constant revolution of sleep, work, cook, put kids to bed, start the cycle again sort of deal. I've thought that before in the past too. As a full time doctor I'm often out of the house working for 16hours of the day, then I come home and sleep! Not much to talk about there! But guess what? I'm one of the contributors and I'll be bringing that very perspective to the class prompts and I hope to show you that there is plenty of scope of topics to document :-)


But if you're still uncomfortable with the idea of a whole album about yourself then I've also heard some members on the board talk about how they're going to use the prompts and apply it to someone else in the family and make an album dedicated to them. That's a really good idea too!


Like most Studio Calico Classes, it comes with it's fair share of included goodies. For a limited time, there's a bonus class kit that ships free wherever you live! Then there's the Printables, Cutting Files and Digital Stamps designed by some of our SC favourites like Shanna Noel and Kim Stewart.


Here's Maggie's video sharing a bit of closer look into all those products, and a sneak into her album. She's going to be using a Handbook, and so am I. I'm not sure what the other contributors will be using, but you're welcome to substitute anything that suits you of course.

  

And if you're shopping for supplies, don't forget that for this week only you can get 10% off all class products when you sign up (that includes the Handbooks).


Class will be enrolling until the 31st August and the first lesson will be posted on 1st September. Let me know if you're signing up, 'cos I'd love to see some friendly faces in the classroom!

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails