Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Retro girl

Sorry for my unusual absence the last few days. Over the weekend our church held it's annual conference and both myself, but especially my husband are quite involved in the running of it which meant that when I wasn't doing stuff myself I was looking after the kids solo and when I wasn't doing that I was trying to catch up on sleep!

But here's a quick share of a page I did a little while ago. At the time I was getting quite a few boxes of scrappy goodness delivered to my house and so I challenged myself to make a layout using only products that I received in my latest box, or that were lying out on the desk already. Which to be honest isn't necessarily a hard challenge some days if you look at the state of my desk - most of the time it's piled pretty high with supplies.



Not quite sure about the colour scheme going on here, especially that acrylic lava lamp from Buzz and Bloom - but it suited the theme of my layout perfectly and so I just thought to myself....
  1. I'm not sure that I'll ever use it otherwise (it came in one of my Kreatorville Kraft kits) and
  2. "who cares?" :)
Although I share most of my layouts here on the blog, I'd like to create more from the perspective that no one is going to see it. That way I'm creating just for pure delight of it rather than trying to be something that I'm not. And when I give up my inhibitions of thinking "but it doesn't match" or "it's not the latest product" and the other thoughts that limit me then maybe I'll reach a new place in my 'art'. Gained a new perspective on this at the conference from an awesome session I went to on Art vs. The Church given by my amazingly talented friend Ben. Many more thoughts to share on this at a later stage perhaps.

So I embrace the 'failures' as a learning tool, but I also especially embrace the thought that I've used up a (small) portion of my stash because I've gone beyond the thought of "saving those special products for a special layout" to "the more I use up the more I can buy"!!

The April giveaway of much goodness is still happening here - go ahead and check it out.

2 comments

  1. Hi Natalie!
    Miss you over at Bons
    love and bless
    Marelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just LOVE how the page turned out, though??? I think it's RAD, dude!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails