Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

In the playground

I wanted to play along in the Method Playground again this month, so I joined in with the current prompt to scrap something with borders. The best part of this prompt is they left it completely up to your own ingenuity about how you wanted to use borders on your layout. So easy right? And there's a great prize on offer if you happen to own a die-cutting machine. You might want to go over and check it out yourself.

So here's what I did:


And I bet you can't guess what I used for a border around my page? I'll give you a clue...... it's fabric rather than paper. Any takers? I might just keep you in suspense a little longer (ha ha ha, insert evil laugh here!!!)


I also made some fabric yo-yo flowers and embellished them with punched shapes and vintage buttons. And I did some cute layered butterflies too. I seem to be adding butterflies to everything at the moment, I can't stop!


The rest is some old Basic Grey papers and die-cut stickers.
And for once, you can't see a single bit of my handwriting (or even alpha stickers for that matter) anywhere. How strange!

So if you made it this far I'll put you out of your suspense. The border is made out of...... a vintage hankerchief! Don't worry - it's never been used!!

I recently found an un-opened packet of these 12 hankerchiefs that my Grandmother must have given me 10 years ago at least (probably 15 actually) and I knew I would find a use for them somehow. So all I did was cut out the middle of it, and sew the rest of it to my page. Voila - instant interesting and unique border to your layout.

What do you think? Do you have anything like this lying around at home begging to be given a new life? Whack it on a layout I say!!

ETA - I'm so sorry. I forgot to give credit where credit is due. I'm continuously inspired by everything Debee Campos does, but in particular she inspired this layout by her piece of amazing art in her Etsy here.

4 comments

  1. Never would've guessed hankie! What a fantastic idea! Although, I admit I have a hard time cutting up those vintage beauties... better get over it, right!?! :)
    No need to stop with the butterflies...they're lovely!
    My mom bought my daughter a caterpillar to butterfly kit- so we have 18 butterflies living with us currently! Such a great experience!
    (and the woodgrain impression plate is from Papertrey Ink...) Thanks so much for the sweet comments... I love the visits-they make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of catching up to do here :) This is such a cute LO, love the yo-yo flowers you made. The LO in your previous post is gorgeous, great colors and that flower border... wow! The pcitures of your little girl are awesome, especcially the one where she reaches up!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see this one IRL!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I, too, would've never guess a hankie. And it turned out fabulous!!! Such a pretty layout - and I love the yo yo's, too :) Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails