Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Perfect pair

So you know I always do my monthly layouts for a Year in the Chair in pairs don't you? So here's the matching one for yesterday's layout:


Putting to use all the LYB Fresh Print Clothesline goodies again I quickly slapped together this page.


This was a totally freeing experience as I just forgot all the 'rules' and decided to just go with the flow. I didn't get out my paper trimmer - I just cut everything by hand..... even trying to get wonky lines at times! I used up all the odd ends and left over scraps from the layout I showed you yesterday which explains parts like why the bottom half of my photo mat has a corner chopped off it.


And I let go of my own inhibitions when it comes to using up all your die-cuts on the one page. Is anyone else like that? You know when you've just spent $x on a sheet of die-cuts and you feel like you need to use them sparingly so you can spread them far and wide? Except of course in the end you never use them because it's difficult to get them to match, or you forget you have them once you've moved on to another product.

So quick and easy and fun, which I love.
Not entirely sure about the 'beauty' of the end result, but hey, sometimes it's more about the process I think.

:-)

4 comments

  1. I love how you go with the flow! And the end result is great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I thought I might have been the only one that ever had kept ahold of things until they were out of "fashion", and now that you have reminded me in writing as well as your beautiful layout that it is ok to NOT do that, I'm going to try my hardest to use up what I have. I like here on this layout that you also carried through with the stitching. Can't wait for my mom to get here to start scrapbooking, each and every post you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the end result is fantastic! And you are so right about 'saving' those bits & bobs that we love- only to have them never used! So sad! What a fun way you've highlighted the '6'- and I must add that I'm still in awe at your productivity!!!! How do you do it with TWO little people?! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have done a gorgeous job! I dont use a trimmer at all any more, I just cut by hand and I think it is very freeing! I also agree with what you said about "saving' (or hoarding...LOL) all those little bits for another LO but then you never really use them. You may have just inspired me to do the same thing and start using them all up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails