Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Office Hours Sneaks

In just a few short hours it's going to be time for the reveal of the March Studio Calico kit "Office Hours". Can't believe how fast this month has flown by... I know it's a short month, but it feels even quicker than that surely?!

I'll be honest... I was a little worried about how they were possibly going to follow on from the success of the February Sugar Rush Kits. Those babies flew out the door at record pace and were sold out within minutes. They were some of the most talked-about kits in the history of Studio Calico! But the Office Hours kits have not disappointed ;-) They're absolutely fabulous, and I'm certain they're going to go just as fast! Let me share some sneaks of the pages I've made...


The sneaks above and below were both created with the Main Kit Only. What I really loved was the range of papers and embellishments in the kit allow for some quite masculine colour combinations, as well as girly combinations too. So I've made my 2 pages using the different approaches to show you what I mean.


The raindrops cutting file comes in the Card Kit Digital Stamps and Coordinating Cuts 'kit'. These are such good value for money - they're only a few dollars each, you don't need to worry about shipping, and you get heaps of images that can be used as digital stamps or imported into Silhouette and converted into cutting files. I always get the whole lot of them!


This next page (above) is something really different for me. Inspired by this image on Pinterest, I've created a page that recreates this look. It was awesome to cluster all the piles of embellishments that come in the Coffee Break Add On.


The other bunch of clustering I did was with all the stamps from the Rolodex Add On. I'd be lying if I said I used the new Color Theory Ink Pads (I'm still waiting for mine to arrive), but I've linked up the Color Theory Inks that would be almost a perfect match to these anyway in case you were keen to recreate the look ;-)


Oooooh, now this sneak is of my favourite page out of the 7 I made this month (or 8 if you count the double as 2 layouts!) Most of it is from the Main Kit, but it has a sprinkling of embellishments from most of the Add Ons too. It seems as though the entire Creative Team fell in love with the watercolour diecuts from the Main, and most of us have used the 'Rad' is one way or another. I chose some blue paint and glitter for mine ;-)


Ahem.. so this page might actually be about bugs... see the photo?! Which is why I think I tried to overcompensate by making it really girly and feminine. I've used the Coffee Break Add On for this page for the lovely Dear Lizzy stickers that come in it.


Lastly, here's a sneak of the page I made with the To Do Add On (everything except for that banner which comes in the Main Kit). I absolutely loved the sprinkling of gold bits throughout all the kits, but the lion's share comes in the Maggie Holmes Styleboard Vellum Shapes that's included in To Do. See that butterfly? Perfection right?!

Get ready for an awesome reveal. The team has really rocked these fabulous kits. Not too much longer to wait!

Photobucket

Here's What I've Used:
 

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails