Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Jot Kids Bethany

We love Jot Magazine around here, and we especially love it when school holidays roll around and they release their Jot Kids Mood Board Challenge! My girls really enjoy their scrapping and are constantly raiding my supplies to make their own layouts, despite the fact that I have a box for each of them that I regularly top up with my scraps. I encourage it of course, and even have a separate pile of photos printed out just for them that they're welcome to use at any time. 


So when I told them Jot were going to run another challenge they were very excited. They haven't stopped talking about the first one, and more than once asked about whether there would be more. We were counting down the days in my house for this!  Bethany (who's 7) actually squealed out loud when she saw how pretty the Mood Board was!
She jumped up and wanted to get scrapping straight away. I negotiated and decided we should at least get out of our pajamas first. I know right? No fun at all ;-)


The first step was all about going through The Stash together and deciding on what she should use. She eventually decided on this mix and match of Amy Tangerine papers, checking out the b-sides and comparing the colours until she had carefully culled down her choices to the final dozen... or so. She also used some of the free Printables found on the Jot Blog, and she took inspiration from these to chose the theme of her page.
Yes, it's about ice-cream!


It was really amusing to watch her process... as she seems to display many similar scrapping traits to me! First she layered up papers and cards making sure to consider where she would journal.  Next she freaked out about what title it should have and how on earth she was ever going to line up the letters. Lastly it was all about adding the finishing details like the punched hearts with sequins, and then wrote out her journaling...


Shall I translate?
It reads, "Summer is great when..... 1. Ice-cream 2. Go to Athletics 3. Swimming in the pool 4. Going to the Beach 5. Jumping on the Trampoline"

Couldn't agree more!


Thanks Jot Magazine for the great challenge. My girls absolutely loved it, and I hope it continues to be a regular school-holidays feature!

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. I think you cloned yourself! Your girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really well balanced page....obv has taken notice of how Mum does it over the years....& her journaling is SPOT ON.....must admit to being secretly in LOOOOOOVE with those alphas she's chosen - FABULOUS choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job, this page is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooohoooo Bethany... this is amazing,
    Look out Mum....you have a superstar in the making...
    Gorgeous work
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails