Pages

Friday, July 4, 2014

Moriah Sends her First Text Message

Can you believe it's actually been about two weeks since I scrapped last? That's a pretty long time for me! Afraid that I would have lost some of my mojo over that period of time, I decided to take part in a challenge to motivate and inspire me.


My layout is based on this scraplift challenge over at the 5th birthday celebration crop at D-lish Scraps:


I fell in love with Tarrah's gorgeous layout straight away, and used the same basic design to build my own page.


It felt so good to be able to create without restrictions whilst still have some direction at the same time. I think that's the perfect mix for me. I opened up kits and I mixed and matched collections to my heart's content. For a start, I was super-keen to put my newly acquired Project Life kits to good use.... even if it still wasn't for Project Life yet! 


I used the Studio Calico 'Hello Hello' PL Kit, along with it's Add On 'Guten Tag' and then mixed in the South of Market collection for my papers and more embellishments like that plastic star (it's my favourite!)


And I loved documenting this tiny little piece of our everyday life, even if the photo isn't attractive. Because I honestly believe these stories are just as important to tell as the big events. In fact, probably more so, because the big events we're more likely to remember. If you asked me in a year from now, 'what was Moriah's first text message?' then I'd probably never be able to tell you if I didn't get this story down ;-)

Speaking of journaling, I've still got my "Grammar Free Journaling" Giveaway open for another day or so if you want to get some last-minute entries in.

xx
Photobucket
Supplies:


4 comments

  1. I just love everything about this page Natalie. I am thinking I might need scrap some text :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for kind words Natalie and for playing along with my challenge....I absolutely adore your layout and LOVE that you scrapped that memory....so so cute...beautiful work as always x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to scrap her first text message!!!! Love your page (as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little moment to capture. Glad your husband sent the explanation text too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails