Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Fair Lady

October's inspiration is up at From Screen 2 Scrap. It's such a beautiful poster that I'm sure you'll have no trouble coming up with a layout to enter the challenge - especially if you like girly and/or shabby chic layouts.

Here's my DT example using the poster from My Fair Lady as my inspiration.


Even the optional extra criteria is easy this month! (Well.... two out of three anyway) Its:
- A blue title for 1 extra point
- Shades of pink for 2 extra points
- A handmade hat for 3 extra points


As you can see, it was easy for me to incorporate lots of pink, and a blue title (alhthough I had to make them myself by inking up my white foam Thickers with some blue colouring). I couldn't quite get to the handmade hat - but you should check out what all the other clever crafty DT girls have come up with.


I added my flowers and some big flowing ribbons inspired by the poster. I really wanted to use some black and white ribbon - just like Audrey Hepburn's scarf, but I didn't have any in my stash so I compromised and used both a black and a white one for a similar effect :-)

Another crazy story captured on this layout. The journalling reads something along the lines of...
Once Moodles has gone down for her morning nap I usually take that opportunity to have my shower, although leaving Munchy to her own devises can be a bit of a gamble! On this morning I emerged from my shower to find she had taken the cover off the ducted heating vent, and her head stuck down it with a torch in her hand. And at the top of her lungs she is singing "Zippity Do Dah, Zippity Ay, My oh My What a Wonderful Day". When I asked her what she was doing she replied "I'm checking the vents for treasure. When I grow up I want to be a vent-checker".

HHhhmmmmm :-)

3 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails