Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nanotechnology

If you've read my last post you'll know how I recently entered (and won!) an exciting 6-week challenge called Scrapz.University over at Scrapz.biz. I shared how the final round was to create a set of cards with the supplies I was provided with. But it didn't stop there.....


The other half of the challenge was to create a 'mini' layout. Or at least it felt quite mini to me since I usually scrap 12x12". The criteria was to make a layout no bigger than 6x6", and since I didn't think I could do any smaller this was the size I stuck with.

Each of the finalists were sent a package of goodies - largely Cosmo Cricket Togetherness supplies, and the deal was we had to use at least one of everything by the time we completed our three cards and our mini-layout. I did my cards first as I knew I'd be able to use a lot of the supplies on them, so I only had a few leftover unique supplies to use up on my layout.

And I have to say it was a lot easier than I imagined. Mainly because by the time you add your photo and a couple of embellishments there really isn't much room for anything else!! I didn't want it to appear crowded so I left my journaling hidden (in the pocket behind the photo) and figured I'd quit whilst I was ahead as I do have a tendency to keep on adding things until it's just too much :-)

Have you ever tried scrapping this small?

5 comments

  1. It looks fabulous. Well deserved win. Maybe I should try 6 x 6 one day. Its foreign to me too but it would be a cute mini album size. Not to small... not to big. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make any size look terrific! I've certainly never tried that small!!! I love how this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fabulous job!!
    a mini masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your mini & your cards. I am looking forward to seeing what you create with the May kit at Scrapz.
    Fiona
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cards and the mini too!!!
    You make any size look so gorgeus!!!
    Thanks for camming to my blog and leave a nice comments!!!
    You make me very happy!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails