Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What if I fall?

Does anyone remember that old DC Talk song "What if I stumble?" I used to love that song! It sure is a catchy tune. The kind that gets stuck in your head for days. It came to mind when I wanted to scrap this photo of Munchy falling over in the autumn leaves at the farm.

You might have to take my word for it when I say I actually based this layout on the sketch below....which just so happens to be the July challenge at Handmade by Suzanne ;-)


With the eye of faith you can see that I've punched the corners of my black paper to represent the die-cut shape on the sketch. The large round chipboard starburst shape represents the circle behind the photos..... and I just had to move my title over a little bit. You can see it now can't you?!!


I've been working with the deliciously different "Out of Print" collection by Basic Grey this month. The colours are not my usual pick at all. But there is something about the textured, layered, collage-y feel about this collection which really attracts me. It certainly took care of the background details I like to add, without me having to do any more that stick it down. That's a sure winner in my current time-poor books!



 And just when you were thinking "where's the journaling she always has on her pages?" here's my secret. I created a journaling ticket with an attached pull-tab and hid it behind the photo. Not because it's too personal or not for public reading, but more so because I couldn't figure out where to add it otherwise!!

If you want to play along with the July sketch challenge you can find all the details here. I really encourage you to have a go. There's a $30 voucher (plus free shipping) if you win, and it's by random choice so everyone has the same chances. And you really should check out the gallery if you want to see how some of the girls have interpreted the sketch much more accurately than I have :-)

1 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails