Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cool Cats

One of the highlights of our recent holiday away in Queensland was catching up and spending quality time with some old friends who have moved up there.


One of the activities we always used to enjoy together was playing board games (or card games too) and an old favourite is the game 'Cranium'. Sometimes it's a bit of a thinking game so it's not everyone's cup of tea..... but we always end up laughing ourselves silly whenever we play it.



I took this week's sketch from the Basic Grey blog as my starting point for making this page to record our recent happy memories playing Cranium.


I've had some of the yummy (pun intended!) Nook and Pantry collection in my stash for the longest time now so I was really eager to bust it out and use it up on something pretty!


Our friends have bought a house up there and are in the midst of renovating it. The vintage feel and worn appeal of these papers really reminded me of them as we stayed in their house, so it was just perfect for this page even though it's not about any kind of food :-)


I found some fabric that matched and ruffled it up under my photos before sewing it on. I think it adds to the home-made rough-and-tumble warmth that this page brings me. What do you think?

3 comments

  1. I'm on Scappy Doc's blog - I'm famous!! Woohoo!! Luv the page Nat, looks awesome. Luv to the family (and a special hug for Munchie), luv Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you snip off a sample from our curtains? It looks just like our dining room! It was a pleasure having you again and it was getting back into old habbits :)
    We're honoured to be memorialised by scrap and blog!
    Thank you Nat.
    Cool Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page! full of sweet colors, love it! the sketch was not easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails