Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm Coming Home

One last layout to share with you from my recent stint as a JBS Guest Designer.


In fact, I've gone a little backwards on this, 'cos actually this was the first layout I created once I received my kits. Each month JBS has a 'Main Kit plus One' challenge where the idea is to only use the Main Kit plus the one other ingredient they specify each month. For May the challenge was to add vellum and/or confetti.


I knew I had to get this layout out of the way first and use up all the best bits in the Main Kit before I was too tempted to start mixing with the other kits I received. The woodgrain cardstock was a must. Closely followed by that vintage Hotel Reservation Card, and the Maya Road flower. And did I mention the Fancy Pants transparency and those mistable Pink Paislee alphas?


I incorporated my vellum in the form of gold journalling strips (which matched the gold stars on the transparency) which in turn inspired my star confetti punched from the Crate Papers. And did you notice I couldn't help but add the left over scraps of paper that I punched my stars from into my layout as well? Call me crazy, but it's because they reminded me of high-rise buildings which fit my theme of moving house back to the city again.


Can you believe there's still a few of these kits left for sale?

Supplies:

3 comments

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails