Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Story of a Poker Champion

Sorry for my bloggy absence. That's what a week of night duty followed by a week of holidays will do to a person! I've been studying hard whilst I work, and then holidaying hard and doing a bit of this....


That be playing card games and scrapbooking!


My family have always been a bit fond of the games. We play whatever strikes our fancy. 500, Pictionary, Boggle. I even convinced them to join with me in plenty of rounds of Scumbags and Warlords when I was a student.


But what with my dad's name actually being James Bond (no joke... that's true!) it was surely only a matter of time before we turned to Poker :-) And it turns out he's actually quite the Poker Champion. Naturally. Recently he entered a competition that ultimately ended up with him coming like 40th in the country.

So with my Dad's new-found obsession with poker, that's now become our game of choice. Whenever we get together as a family - this is what we do.

Photobucket
Supplies:

1 comments

  1. LOVE games....played scrabble with myself on the cruise [sad, I know!!!]....better than ARGUING with Tom [he cheats & reckons I do. HMMPHH!!]...my Dad used to play poker with us when we were kids with matches, so your LO takes me back....& does your Dad look as suave & sohpisticated as James Bond & the dude on your LO???!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails