Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jot's January Mood Boar Challenge

I love a good colour challenge. Probably because I love colour so much. All my projects seem to get covered in the whole rainbow of bold bright colours no matter how much I try to limit myself to just a couple. But I have to admit, this latest Mood Board Challenge at Jot Magazine is about as tough as it gets for me as I found it a little difficult to work with so many neutrals.


The Mood Board itself is just delicious though. Check out all those textures! It makes me just want to touch and taste everything on it ;-) And I think there's nothing more satisfying that facing a challenge and feeling like you've actually conquered it when you come out the other side. Because ultimately I'm pretty happy with how my card actually turned out!


I think the credit rests with that geometric fox I cut out of minty/aqua cardstock and turned into the focal point. He's pretty cute right? And so are his woodfolk friends that come along in the same cutting file designed by Paige Evans as part of the latest kit release from Studio Calico. You can find them here if you're interested. 

As for the rest of the card, I tried to include as many other textures as I could find - sticking with the Mood Board theme of neutral colours and natural fibres.


You can find all the Jot Magazine January Mood Board details here if you'd like to play along with us this month. I can't wait to see what you might create.

Photobucket

4 comments

  1. Looks fabulous! Love the 'zing' that blue gives it. Colour ROCKS. Of course;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your point of view of this article. This is a good article. Very timely given us so much useful information. Thank you!

    Hospital Management App

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails