Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Jot Issue 12

Along with all my Christmas projects that appeared in the latest issue of Jot Magazine (see my last blog post) I also had a couple of other non-themed projects featured including this double-page Project Life spread.


I do as many double-page PL spreads as I do double-page layouts, which is to say... not a lot ;-) I have to admit I cheated a little by making them 9x12" pages so that I didn't have quite as many pockets to fill, and I made sure I picked a subject where I had a tonne of photos to include. A weekend trip away with the family to Phillip Island was perfect because we packed SO many adventures into those two days it was ridiculous!


I essentially broke our trip down into 5 different activities that I had photographed, and I included 2 photos from each making sure I had all the family members covered. I numbered them accordingly and used that same number when I wrote out my corresponding journaling. I hope it still makes sense to me later on down the track!


Because all the pockets are a square 3x3" I had to trim down my traditional cards to make them fit, but as a bonus, the Studio Calico Pop Art Project Life Kit had a set of 3x3" die cuts which are the circle and heart shaped cards you see. I've included this spread straight into my regular 12x12" album and I'm really enjoying the variety this one brings.


One of my favourite galleries in every issue of Jot has to be the story-telling one. I'm pretty sure I've submitted a layout for this gallery every single time because you know me - I've always got a long story to share!


In this issue the theme was "When I Grow Up" and I had the perfect photo to scrap since Moriah had also recently had this same theme as a dress-up party at school. What was even better was that whole event actually HAD a story to be told (which you can read about if you can be bothered getting up close with my journaling!) which was above and beyond what my normal caption would have been like for a photo such as this.


I'm not scrapping a lot of layouts these days so when I do I find it a good opportunity to pull out some of my old supplies and mix and match different things. But actually what I decided to do this time was go a little hybrid and use a painting that Moriah had done for the background paper. It seemed quite appropriate. I scanned it into the computer and dropped down the opacity before printing it back onto some card. Now I feel like I've achieved something even greater with this layout - a good story and some kid-art recorded in the same place!


You can see these layouts and all the other fabulous inspiration in the pages of the FREE online issue of Jot Magazine right here. Happy reading!

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Come back again soon :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails